The Mississippi Department of Education has recognized the Rankin County School District as one of the top ten school districts in the state. Our district has also received a Level 5 accreditation, the highest performance level awarded by the Commission on School Accreditation. In addition, the Rankin County School District has been selected as a Blue-Ribbon school district by Expansion Management magazine, a national distinction.
You must be a resident of the Richland School Zone to enroll a child in a Richland school.
Richland Elementary School
200 Spell Drive
Richland, MS 39218
Richland Upper Elementary School
175 Wilson Drive
Richland, MS 39218
Richland High School
1202 Highway 49 South
Richland, MS 39218
Richland’s many churches are a vital element of community life. Denominations of every kind provide diversity and opportunities for worship for residents. If you would like more information about worship services, programs, and events please contact the churches directly.
- First Baptist Church of Richland
1102 U.S. Highway 49 South, (601) 939-1715
- First United Methodist Church
255 Richland Circle, (601) 939-1319
- Grace Baptist Mission Church
155 Brandon Avenue, (601) 932-4097 or (601) 932-3921
- Jesus Name Tabernacle
1944 Highway 49 South, 601-939-1921
- Lighthouse Baptist Church
505 Cleary Road, (601) 939-2771
- Little Flock Primitive Baptist Church
310 Marie Drive
- Mount Sinai Baptist Church
280 W Harper Street, (601) 932-6085
- New Destiny Church
122 McBride Street, (601) 939-7932
- New Beginning Int’l House of Prayer
540A Industrial Drive, (601) 214-1900
- Plain Landmark Baptist Church
264 Lowe Circle, (601) 664-2700
- Victory Baptist Church
529 Cleary Road
- Trinity Gospel Fellowship
132 McBride Street, (601) 939-5315
The Exchange Club is a non-profit service organization devoted to patriotism, youth, and prevention of child abuse. It is responsible for many community projects. The Club meets for dinner the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Senior Center located at 371 Scarbrough Street. Membership dues are $25 per quarter. Visit the Exchange Club Website
Woodmen of the World
Woodmen of the World meet the last Monday of every month at the Community Center located at 410 E Harper Street from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Richland’s convenient location makes it an ideal place to do business. Located just south of the Interstate 20/Interstate 55 axis, Richland is bisected by U.S. Highway 49. Industrial sites have rail service provided by Canadian Northern and Kansas City Southern Railway, which offers an intermodal center with truck-to-rail cargo container transfer.
Economic incentive packages and pro-business policies are attractive to industrial, commercial, and retail businesses alike. With 1,845 acres of land zoned industrial, and 560 acres commercial, all with utility service and city streets, Richland can accommodate new development as well as expansions. Some 475 companies employing more than 5,000 workers attest to the dynamic business life of this community.
Businesses sponsor such events as the 49 Festivals, the Golf Tournament, and many other community activities. Businesses are also generous in their support of the Adopt-A-School program and other civic endeavors.
Healthy sales tax revenues have facilitated financing for the city library, parks, streets, and public safety. Sales tax collections and a consistent rate of growth have helped keep property taxes low.
Richland Economic Development Association (REDA)
The Richland Economic Development Association is a non-profit organization that works with the City of Richland to help produce community activities, to assist Richland businesses with their needs and wants from the local government, and to encourage people to establish their businesses here in Richland. All of this is done with the ultimate goal of making Richland “An Excellent Choice.”
Benefits of membership include opportunities to network with other businesses, participation discounts in events such as the Business Expo, and increased visibility through publications and activities.
The REDA Board meets quarterly at the Richland Senior Center located at 371 Scarbrough Street. Annual membership dues are $50 for businesses under 20 employees, $75 with more than 20 employees and $10 for individuals. For more information about meetings and membership, contact Barbara Adams at (601) 420-3402 or email at email@example.com.
REDA Board Officers
- President – Brent Cobb
- Vice President – Amber Raymond
- Secretary – Stephanie Ward
- Treasurer – Pam Ingram
- Event Coordinator – Barbara Adams
- Michelle Rayburn
- Jeremy Ward
- Vicki Chapman
- Michelle Denham
- Joey Sebren
Richland is fortunate to have several medical clinics, with licensed physicians, which offer a full array of medical services including x-ray and lab.
- Baptist Medical Clinic Richland, 1201 U.S. Highway 49 South, Suite 1, (601) 973-1695
- Fast Pace Health Urgent Care, 907 U.S. Highway 49 South, (601) 374-5263
- MEA Medical Clinic, 1132 U.S. Highway 49 South, (601) 664-1620
- Merit Health Family Medicine, 1201 U.S. Highway 49 South, Suite 4, (601) 932-6400
- Rankin Rural Medical Clinic, 129 Center St, Suite B, (769) 233-7141
- Richland Chiropractic Center, 1201 U.S. Highway 49 South, Suite 34, (601) 936-6650
- Optical 2000, Bobby C. Pankey, OD, 655 U.S. Highway 49 South, Suite M, (601) 932-3727
- Wiley Vision Care, Mark Wiley, OD, 200 Marketplace Dr (Inside Walmart), (601) 420-2101
- Kenneth Chapman, DMD, 120 West Harper Street, (601) 939-9502
- Cumberland Family Dentistry, PLLC, Jeff Cumberland, DMD, 160 Scarbrough Street, (601) 939-1845
- Polk Dental Clinic, Lexi Polk, DMD, 120 Scarbrough Street, Suite B, (601) 932-0606
- Richland Dental, Hilary G. Craddock, DMD, 125 West Harper Street, (601) 932-5100
- CVS Pharmacy, U.S. Highway 49 South, (601) 939-3970
- Kroger, 1167 U.S. Highway 49 South, (601) 664-0120
- Polk’s Discount Drugs #5, 1201 U.S. Highway 49 South, Suite 2, (601) 932-8609
- Walgreens, 1199 U.S. Highway 49 South, (601) 932-3818
- Walmart Supercenter, 200 Marketplace Dr, (601) 939-0538
Several hospitals are located less than 20 minutes away.